Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter is coming

Hello hello!

I can't believe we have been in Portland almost a month! It's pretty crazy how quickly this month has flown by. For me, it's been a month of exhaustion and sickness in my first trimester of pregnancy. I have felt so tired that it has been difficult to get anything done, let alone just get out of the house! I am so grateful for my job and being able to work from home because I just can't imagine having to leave the house some days. I didn't know pregnancy would be this tiring! Hopefully it will change soon as I am 12 weeks today and almost to the second trimester where they say your energy picks up and the nausea stops...I can only hope! While I have felt helpless and useless at times, God has been teaching me to support the ministry in other ways including prayer and simply supporting my husband. If you know me at all you know I'm a "do-er." I get things done. I pack my schedule to the max. I am busy all the time and I like it that way. So for me to be stuck on the couch with zero energy to do anything has been challenging to say the least! But God is faithful and has been using this season to increase my dependence on Him. It has been a constant reminder that everything I have is through Him and not myself and that without Him we can do nothing...literally...I feel like I can't do anything at times. It has been a good season of rest and relaxation and constant reminders to wait on the Lord and allow Him to do the work.

Trevor has been meeting people everyday. We are beginning our Bible study next week on Tuesday. We are SO excited. Art will be moved up here this weekend and our entire core team will be here! We are excited to have people here to support what God is doing. This Sunday we have our first outreach. We are putting on an Easter egg hunt in the complex. We are hoping to attract families and have the opportunity to meet people and invite them to our Bible study. Please pray for good opportunity to serve the people in our complex. Please pray God continues to orchestrate the people we come in contact with and that we can share Jesus with them.

Thanks for reading!

Julie

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you're not feeling better yet, Julie! Praying for you to feel better and for a great turnout this weekend. God is gonna bless you guys for what you're doing and for the lives that you are changing in Portland! :)

    ReplyDelete